Actually, Nevada Sales Tax is one of the very simplest in the union.
Nevada has a State Tax (currently 6.85%) and SOME Counties have a local tax as well.
- Labor is NOT taxable
- Freight/Shipping/Delivery Fees are NOT taxable
- Dealer DOC Fees are NOT taxable
So, what IS taxable in Nevada?
- Jobs: Shop Materials + EPA + Parts
- Major Unit Sales: Price + Attached Accessories – Trade Allowance (plus any carry out parts as well)
- Note: Major Units are taxed based on the tax rate where the customer lives.
- Nevada also has a $1 per new tire sold Tire Disposal Fee
There you go; the “mystery” of Nevada Sales Tax removed.